A Single person’s guide to winning the Speed Dating race here in Denver
Rocky Mountain Singles: Start Your Engines!
When you’ve grown out of the days when you would be out and about all day, constantly going places and meeting new people, it can be difficult to find a romantic partner in the “organic” way. Particularly for forty-plus and senior singles, and that’s where speed dating comes into the picture.
So, what is speed dating, and how does it help people meet a man or meet a woman that could potentially be a love interest? While many people seem to be under the impression that speed dating is the same thing as online dating, it isn’t. It’s easier, safer, and much more efficient.
It entails organized singles events set up by a dating service in which you talk to several people within a short period face-to-face. After speaking to each, you can decide if you’d like to meet them again or not.
One of the best things about these events is that it is the ideal ways for more mature singles to mingle with other people their age and find romance without the stress that comes from regular online dating.
Another advantage of local speed dating is that it is area specific. So, with the help of these organized events by a dating service, you will solely be meeting people that live in your area.
Let’s go over our top tips for people new to speed dating events:
- A simple yet important piece of advice is just to smile. Even if it’s just a slight smile, or an extra twinkle in your eye when making non-verbal communication can make a profound difference in how one perceives you as a potential partner and mate.
- The second tip is not just to talk about yourself. Denver is a great singles market for many reasons, and one of them is because we are a very cultural city with a vast range of quality singles from all sorts of backgrounds. Learn about the other person and make sure you ask them about their hobbies, their interests, kids, career, bucket list, pets, where they have traveled to, goals, passions, grandchildren, kind of food they like, thoughts on romance, and other things that are important to you. It allows them a chance to tell you, and the more talking they do, the more capable you’ll be to make the proper decision of ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when selection time comes.
- Next, make sure you are open minded. Everyone has a particular ‘type’ that they are more attracted to, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give people that don’t fit that model a chance. Be polite and try to have a good conversation with people you usually don’t date–you might be surprised.
- Ask the right questions. Awkward silences can be pretty painful when you’re speed dating, so try to keep the conversation flowing with questions about the other person’s pets, siblings, hometown, what they look for in a relationship, etc.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to contact the single man or single woman you liked. Ladies, in particular, can be a little shy and worried about rejection, but you’ll never know if you don’t give it a shot!
For the people that have had less than desirable experiences with online dating, you can be assured that if you pick a reputable company such as ours, you will not need to have any qualms regarding your safety or privacy. We here at Mile High Singles have a very thorough screening process and conduct face-to-face interviews to ensure local singles are not fraudulent, nor trying to manipulate others unsuspectingly. Anyone married (not filed for divorce), jobless or a felony background is not permitted, so you need not be wary, single ladies, and single gentlemen.
And speaking of our single members, we have the absolute best! Our members are honest, well-intended singles who are sincerely looking for quality dating experiences and relationships. The single ladies come to us expecting something better than what they often have to deal with online and the men do not disappoint. We receive more “success story” updates per client than we can recall from all of our years of doing this. We think we know why this is happening and if you’re interested in finding out we’d love to discuss it with you and assess your possibilities as well.
All you need to do to become eligible for our privately held, age-appropriate, speed dating events is to become a member. You’ll be able to attend the Speed Dating events quarterly in addition to all of the other fantastic events we host and of course, receive our dedicated and passionate human resources and effective services to find you exactly what you want in a partner.
Just ask Martha and Lucille, who were kind enough to share their stories first hand.
“Even after years and years of searching, I couldn’t find my soulmate. That is until I found a speed dating service. After attending just two of their events, I met Frank. One short yet explosive conversation later, I knew he was the one for me. 4 years later, we’re now happily married, all thanks to *company name*.” –Martha Hanson, Age 65
â€œI had given up on ever finding love. I was lonely and depressed, but I made up my mind to try speed dating. It was hands down, the best decision ever. On my very first day, I met Adam. He was shy and quiet, but we decided to continue to come together and give it a shot. We slowly opened up to each other, and now we’ve been as in love as can be for five years.â€–Lucille Marie, 42
So, if you are looking to find quality Mile High area singles, just click here and fill out the information request or just call us today at (720) 307-3595 and we’ll give you more detailed information about our Speed Dating events and calendar or any of our other services.
Single parents, seniors, recent divorcee’s, busy professionals, new to the area, or those simply tired of procrastinating, we especially encourage you to start your engines because the only false start is not starting at all.